Immigration visa holders data matching program
The ATO will acquire names and details of visa holders, their sponsors, and migration agents for the financial years from 2013/14 to 2016/17 from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
In particular, the following data will be obtained:
• address history for visa applicants and sponsors
• contact history for visa applicants and sponsors
• all visa grants
• visa grant status by point in time
• migration agents (visa application preparer who assisted or facilitated the processing of the visa)
• address history for migration agents
• contact history for migration agents
• all international travel movements undertaken by visa holders (arrivals and departures)
• sponsor details (457 visa)
• education providers (educational institution where the student visa holder intends to undertake their study)
• visa subclass name.
The records will be electronically matched with certain sections of ATO data holdings to identify non-compliance with registration, lodgment, reporting and payment obligations under taxation laws.
Source: Commonwealth Gazette Notice C2015G01255, 04 August 2015.
This article is provided as general information only and does not consider your specific situation, objectives or needs. It does not represent accounting advice upon which any person may act. Implementation and suitability requires a detailed analysis of your specific circumstances.