What to do if you’re missing your PAYG withholding payment summaries

If your pay as you go (PAYG) withholding payment summary is lost, missing or destroyed, you can get the information by talking to an Accountant or Tax Agent as they may be able to check the Pre-filling reports in the Tax Agent Portal.

If the information is not available, you can:

• Request a copy from your employer or payer
• Request a letter from your employer or payer stating details of their income and the amount of tax withheld
• Review your bank statements, payslips and time-sheets.

If you are unable to get accurate information from these sources, your Accountant or Tax Agent can estimate your income and the amount of tax withheld.


Pay as you go (PAYG) withholding is a system that collects tax from the payments you make to employees and businesses so they can meet their tax liabilities.
You’ll have withholding obligations if any of the following apply:

• You have employees
• You have other workers, such as contractors, and you enter into voluntary agreements to withhold amounts from your payments to them
• You make payments to businesses that don’t quote their Australian business number (ABN).
For more information on PAYG for Employers click here.

Source: Australian Tax Office Website 2015

This article is provided as general information only and does not consider your specific situation, objectives or needs. It does not represent accounting advice upon which any person may act. Implementation and suitability requires a detailed analysis of your specific circumstances.